Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 3, Thing #7

I am overwhelmed by blogs. There is so much good stuff out there to read. I looked at A Library by Any Other Name (http://alibraryisalibrary.blogspot.com) after hearing a presentation at the TLA District 8 Meeting. The blogroll alone had me reading for at least an hour before I looked up and remembered what I was supposed to be doing.

Next I want to spend some time looking at classroom blogs teachers have put together for instructional use with their students. I know that Will Richardson has many examples of best practices in his book. I just need to set aside a few hours to immerse myself in that.

I watched the Web 2.0 Workshop through Atomic Learning. It is pretty straightforward and gives a good introduction to the Web 2.0 tools. I didn't realize that the presenter, Vicki Davis, is also the person who does the Cool Cat Teacher blog.

2 comments:

VWB said...

I'm glad you found the District 8 presentation helpful...and I sure do know what you mean when you said how time got away from you reading blogs!
Good Luck! I'll check back so see what you are finding!

Lifelong Learner said...

Blogs can be overwhelming. Here it is almost three weeks after our last class and I am just now finding time to read the class blogs. There are so many wonderful blogs out there and I just can't seem to find time to read them.

I like your idea of spending time looking at classroom blogs put together for instructional use. I hope you will share your findings with the rest of us, either on your blog or on the Web 2.0 section of Klblog.

I thought the Atomic Learning sessions were very good. I haven't watched all of them, but they are a wonderful resource. They are an option for those librarians who feel they don't have time to take the course.